I'm sure all of you girls remember, but a couple of years ago, baby doll dresses (which looked very similar to maternity dresses) were in style. Well, I found a dress at New York & Company I really liked. Abstract floral print, baby doll, empire waist, pleaded, the whole enchilada. Super cute, basically. Well, one fateful Sunday, about a month after I bought this dress, I wore it to Church back at home. Girl friends complimented me, and I was thinking in my head, Yeah! This dress is awesome! Great buy, Beth! After the service, I walked over to the coffee bar, got some water, and an older woman comes up to me, grabs me by side, puts one hand on my stomach, and says, "Congratulations! When are you due?..."
...................
...................
.... Excuse me?
I looked her in the eye, with both disgust and embarrassment saying, "Oh... I'm not pregnant..." She just looked at me and said, "Oh, well you don't see those kind of dresses on many women who are not pregnant... cute though..." [woman walks away]
Self esteem went from a 9 to a -112.
next time you try on a dress i hope you are mistaken for a man :)
ReplyDeletehaha...how wonderfully awkward and a perfect kick off to a blog i am pumped to read! kudos on the blogging extravaganza. love it :)