The theory that the awkward, the unexpected, and the just plain ridiculous moments in life gravitate toward a girl just trying to live her life in the simplest way possible, therefore, as a result, making her life absolutely absurd.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Leo... you trickster...
So, back in January, my car (his name is Leo... YES, after Leonardo DiCaprio) got broken into. The little stealer smashed in my passenger side window and stole 1) an eyelash curler 2) my insurance card... which is useless for them, really... 3) a couple of mixed cds that I made a long time ago and 4) my glasses case. I even had clothes, shoes, my iPod converter, and my iPod in my car... along with a TON of cds... way to choose wisely you stupid culprit. ANYWAYS, of course I had to get my window replaced. Well, it got fixed and a few months ago, my passenger side door wouldn't open from the inside. I wondered if maybe when they replaced my window, they weakened a connector or something to the handle. When I got my door checked out, the guy told me that I was right in my conclusion. It looked like the window guy didn't connect something in the process of putting my interior door frame back on and the handle connectors (or whatever they are called) weakened and just needed to be reconnected. He didn't even make me pay because it was "their fault".... NICE! Well, I thought everything was fixed, when a few weeks ago, my passenger side window would roll up or down. REALLY?! I feel like the minute I get one thing fixed, another thing breaks down. Well, then I realized that my window was cracked open a little bit. Uh oh. It even rained before I went to go get my window looked at. A good inch of water at the bottom of my car... NOT SO NICE. Well, I called and made an appointment with a glass/window company out west. I took in my car and sat in the waiting room. The owner of the company came out and sat with me. He was super nice and really great- We were just chatting about Creighton, about our majors, about his journey to owning a glass company, and so on and so forth. Well, in the middle of our conversation, one of the workers comes out from the back door, looks at me and says, "Miss Cavender? Could you come back here with me for a second?" I followed him to the back where he proceeded to tell me that Leo was fine.... Excuse me? Ummm, no, he's not. His window won't go up or down. "Well," he says, "it would be hard to roll up or down when you have the window lock button on..." [[Insert me turning bright red and saying, "You have GOT to be kidding me?! Are you serious?!]] He started laughing and then starting rolling the window up and down. So good news, my car was fine and I got it all checked out... but, bad news? I am an idiot and took it into a maintenance guy to tell me that I simply pressed a button which then locked me window. I hope I never have to go back there... just so I will quit being so embarrassed....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment