The theory that the awkward, the unexpected, and the just plain ridiculous moments in life gravitate toward a girl just trying to live her life in the simplest way possible, therefore, as a result, making her life absolutely absurd.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
Ultimate Frisbee Champ?! Well... It Depends on the Day.....
So, I guess you could say I am not that coordinated. That actually might be an understatement. But anyways, I have never really been that great at organized sports unless I am constantly in the action because I get bored too easily... Hello ADHD. But, I do pride myself in one thing... and that is ULTIMATE FRISBEE. An amazing sport. Constant action, running, catching, the whole nine yards. I would consider myself pretty decent of a player... especially considering I am really short. But, sometimes, I get a little too cocky when we decide to play at youth group. I start talking about how I am actually pretty good. No one believes me of course, cause they are all used to the goofy, uncoordinated Beth that is around 99% of the time. Well, of course I get defensive and think, "I'll show them!" Well, a couple of weeks ago at youth group, this is exactly how the night started. Me. Ego. Defensive. Anyways, we started playing... and I probably shouldn't have even opened my big mouth. Cause of course, the one night I am SO excited to play, I suck. I was tripping every where. I was dropping the easiest passes. I was throwing off target and just NOT playing well. NOT to mention, I fell down. Twice. One was a really excellent FACE PLANT and the second was running backwards to catch a pass in the end zone. I biffed it on this mini hill. Another? I almost ran into a tree. I really am NOT this bad... I have no problem admitting when I suck at something, but this was just embarrassing. Now, people will probably pick me last to be on the team... that's what I get for talking smack... after that, everything goes downhill (literally...).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment