Saturday, October 3, 2009

Pictures at MuteMath

If you have never heard of the band MuteMath, do yourself a favor and look them up.  Soak in the goodness of their music.  Well, I first heard about this back about 4 or 5 years ago and this past Thursday, I went to their concert in Des Moines (this would be #3 for me).  Well, of course, awkwardness follows me to Des Moines.  The night was fairly normal overall.  My sister and I had driven the 2 hours AND had dinner and nothing out of the ordinary happened.  It was great.  The opening act, As Tall as Lions, started playing and they were pretty decent.  Well, the normalcy of this Thursday night didn't last much longer.  My sister and I were almost standing right in front so we had an awesome view of the stage.  We both have this theory that bass players are always the creepiest members of a band, and in terms of As Tall As Lions, we were still right.  I took her camera and tried getting a good shot of the lanky bass player when this huge guy in his mid-30's (who also wore sunglasses for most of the concert... weirdo) came right next to me and also started to take pictures of the band.  Well, I took a couple shots and they were funky colored and then I heard someone talking to me.  I looked to my left, and it was this guy.  I didn't understand him, so I asked, "Excuse me?"  He looks at me and says, "Yours are funny colored.  Mine are better." (showed me his pictures)  "Yeah... those are pretty good..." I replied.  "I took a good one of you too..." he says.  He shows me his camera again, and right there, is a picture of my facial profile lit up by the band lights.  EW.  I looked at him and said, "Why did you take a picture of me?" His answer? None. He just shrugged and started taking more of the band.   Why is it that I attract the biggest creepers? Why can't I just draw in men like Leonardo DiCaprio? Well, the rest of the concert, I stood way closer to my sister and avoided all other contact with him. Luckily he ended up moving after the opening act and NOT during MuteMath.

OH, and a special awkward shout out to my sister, Jackie.  We went to the Donut Stop yesterday so I could show her the goodness of late night South O and some old guy asked what kind of perfume she was wearing.  He wanted to buy it for "a lady friend"... She is convinced it only happened cause I was there... well, she's probably right.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! And your bass player theory sucks...just so you know lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. No it doesn't! Bass players are ALWAYS the creepiest members of the band.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha that is fantastic. and if anything cody completely proves the creepy bass player theory. we legitimately used to call him creepy kid.

    ReplyDelete