Well, I ordered a new phone last night and UPS told me it would arrive today. I have been running back and forth between school and home all day, but I wrote a note early this morning asking the manager of my apartment building if she would sign for my package and keep an eye out for it. Well, tonight before I was leaving for another class, I ran into the building's maintenance guy, Bob. This is how our conversation went:
Oh, hi Beth.
Hi Bob, how are you?
Oh, the usual. I have been keeping an eye out for your package.
OH! You got my note?
Ha, yep, sure did. Is it UPS or FedEx?
UPS.
Ok, I will make sure to keep my eyes open for it.
That's great, thanks. I will be on campus for the rest of the night, so if it comes, could you just put it on my kitchen table for me?
That's no problem at all. How did you break it?
Oh, I dropped in in a bathtub full of water.
You what? I have never heard a story like that before!
Haha, I know, I'm clumsy. I was cleaning the feet of the little girl I nanny 'cause she was all muddy. It was in my back pocket and it fell out.
Ohhhhh, that's what happened. I thought you were going to tell me a story all about candles and rose petals and romantic stuff....
... Uh... oh, umm... nope. Just kids. Alright, well thanks again for watching our for my phone. Have a good night.
You too, girly!
This situation wouldn't have been awkward if it had been with a friend or a family member. But from my building's maintenance guy, someone I barely know to bring up assumptions of my romance life is just strange. Maybe I shouldn't have given him permission to go in my apartment...
someday i just want to follow you around and see these things happen live.
ReplyDelete