Tuesday, December 15, 2009

WHAT?!

It's been almost a MONTH?! WHAT?! I know, I know, sorry for keeping y'all out of the 'awkward' loop... since I know you're all dying to know what situations have come up...

Well, here is a brief look into the various awkward situations that have conveniently found me over the past month:

1. I was peed on. YEP. The littlest girl I nanny got mad at me one day for not making crappy little cupcakes on her poser easy bake oven. When she gets bossy or whiney, I have this routine of making a tally count on the white board in the kitchen, and when she hits 3, she gets a time out. She got to 3, and since she hates when I put her in timeout, she thought peeing when I was carrying her to her room would be a better idea. I made her clean it up.

2. I was begged by my mom, for the fifth time, to go out on a date with an old "friend"... if you know the details of certain events or the individual himself, you would think it was awkward too. Plus, old flings should just be no-go's.

3. I got marriage counseling from the kids I nanny. They asked if I was married. I said no, naturally, and they told me I better hurry up or no guy would like me because I was getting too old... then the oldest, Joslyn, told me that if I waited too long to have kids, they would come out looking like monkeys... what are they teaching in public schools these days!?

4. I sat in Burnt sienna oil paint one day in the art studio. Luckily, I had a second pair of jeans in my car, so I left to go out to get them. Walking down the hallway, I run into three of my art professors and chat with them a little bit. I go, get my pants, and take them to go change. I run into one of the professors again, her being my advisor, and she stops me. "Beth, if you needed a tampon, you could have asked me..." So, apparently, her and the other professors thought I had my period and was leaking. Blushing like CRAZY, I had to awkwardly explain to her that the suspected menstrual blood was, in fact, burnt sienna paint. Why I get into these types of situations in the art room, I don't know.

5. At work, I helped a 70-something year old couple find lingerie. Okay, now, here's the thing. If I'm married, and both my husband and I are still living, YEAH I hope we are still having sex, DUH. But it's a completely different situation when you are trying to find intimate apparel for others... Old people PDA...

6. Yesterday, after a huge ice storm and lots of freezing rain mixed with all the snow from last week's snow storm, I fell. A lot. Like, a lot a lot. 8 times to be exact. That's got to be a record. None of the falls were bad... but I did run into like 5 cars trying to catch myself. Creighton University's campus was a day-long ice skating rink...

Well, those are a few updates from the past month! Hopefully I will be better about updating them more regularly :)

Have an amazingly awkward day!

No comments:

Post a Comment