Monday, March 8, 2010

Just Dance! (Thank you Lady Gaga)

I love music. And dancing. And singing. And my car, Leo.

So naturally, with this combination, I thoroughly enjoy dancing and singing loudly in my car to catchy music. I'm not even embarrassed by this.

Well, driving to youth group last night, I was listening to a mix one of my friends made me... it has some super catchy music on it! Obviously, I start singing and dancing like a fool. There I am, on the interstate, rocking out. Out of the corner of my eye, I see a car driving pretty much evenly and at the same speed as me. I look over in the midst of my musical performance and he too is jammin'. I'm talking full on belting out and dancing. YESSSSS. This guy had to be in his late 20's. He glances over and then stopped dancing and singing, like he was super embarrassed to be caught. Well, I know how it feels to be looked at weird for rocking out while driving, so I gave him a big thumbs up and a big smile. He looks back over, sees my thumbs up, and starts laughing and smiles back. What do I do after this? I go back to my own dancing and singing, content with the fact that I relieved him from a sense of embarrassment or judgement. After a few seconds, I look back over at the man, and he is giving me a big thumbs down. He laughs and then drives away...

Umm... Who are you, man? I was trying to be nice by not making you feel like a fool and then you give ME a thumbs down?! Gosh dang it.

No comments:

Post a Comment