By the title of this new post, I can bet you anything you know what bethism act most likely transpired...
Naturally, because of the earthquake, a lot of shops and stores had a lot of damage done to them. I was at one of the malls one afternoon around the busy lunchtime hour. I had finished what I needed to get inside and was headed back to the car park with my host family. As I was passing by Border's, I noticed a lot of work being done on the inside. I was extremely intrigued. I continued walking as I watched worker fixing the glass, re-wiring different sections of the store, and pulling up carpet. Amidst being so transfixed with the remodeling and cleaning up of Border's, I failed to really watch where I was walking.
My lack of attention to my walking path led me straight into a glass partition/door of the neighboring coffee shop where numerous people were out dining for lunch. I am talking SMACK into the glass partition. I had to almost catch myself. I paused, realizing what had just happened, and I looked through the partition at the people staring at me. Everyone, even those across the road, turned to look at me and started snickering. I, of course, turned bright red and started walking super fast to catch up with my host family who were way in front of me.
I need to pay way more attention when I am walking.
No comments:
Post a Comment